AGELESS Company hosted a webinar on the matters of migration to the SAP S/4HANA platform
On February 26 AGELESS Company hosted a webinar “Migration from existing ERP to SAP S/4HANA”. SAP solutions architect Oleh Ustimenko was the speaker. Over 100 viewers got registered for the webinar; they asked urgent questions concerning the topic of the event.
It is time to migrate: why SAP prolonged the period of transition to SAP S/4HANA
The matter of migration to SAP S/4HANA is urgent, since starting from 2028 SAP will discontinue development of the SAP Business Suite package of solutions and it will offer its users a switch to the SAP S/4HANA platform.
“The maintenance has been prolonged till the end of 2027, extended maintenance is possible till 2030 on a case-by-case basis. At first glance, one can relax and not return to this matter for another five years. But the leading reason for extension of the transition period (scheduled to be completed in 2025), is that companies are not able to perform migration in time. Therefore, we recommend that you should get involved in this process as soon as possible in order to have the SAP S/4HANA platform deployed and configured on time” Oleg Ustimenko noted.
During the webinar the SAP solutions architect of AGELESS highlighted the leading stages of migration to SAP S/4HANA including in particular the following:
- Transformation of functional components and system landscape during transition to SAP S/4HANA.
- Maintenance stages for SAP Business Suite products and their time frames.
- Possible scenarios for transition to SAP S/4HANA, their features and selection criteria.
- Methodological and technical tools for evaluating, planning and implementing successful transition to SAP S/4HANA.
The expert emphasized that although every SAP client knew about future migration, for many of them, the transition process seemed difficult and unpredictable, and the idea of where to start and how to prepare was minimal.
TOP-10 questions to oneself: Why should the migration be planned today already?
Oleh Ustymenko provided recommendations concerning actions needed for successful and well-timed migration:
- Determine your strategy of transition taking into account the organizational structure, functionality and data available.
- Determine transition scenarios suitable for your company.
- Use the tools provided to check readiness and receive recommendations.
- Determine the system residence strategy.
- Assess licensing and support requirements.
- Form a functional volume.
- Perform equipment sizing.
- Choose and rate equipment required or provider’s services.
- Evaluate staffing and training costs
- Plan external support (services and consulting from SAP SE and partners).
“The list shows that the solutions offered by our company are not simple. Migration to SAP S/4HANA is quite consuming concerning volumes of work, finances and time periods. Therefore, we recommend you to give up waiting for expiration of the support period in 2027 and try the transition with a help of the questionnaire and the automated tools using the example of our company. In this way you will have an opportunity to plan and calculate the migration” Oleh Ustimenko resumed.
The webinar “Migration from existing ERP to SAP S/4HANA” has opened series of activities AGELESS Company is performing as a SAP Partner Center of Expertise. The common topic of the webinars is urgent matters of migration to SAP S/4HANA. The objective is to make this process transparent and predictable for clients as for price/quality indexes.