SAP cloud computing
What is cloud computing?
Cloud computing allows users to access data, applications, and services via the Internet. The cloud eliminates the need for expensive hardware such as hard drives and servers, as well as enables users to work from anywhere.
Key advantages of cloud:
Elasticity:Rapid increase or decrease to meet computing needs.
Cost saving: Pay only for things you use, minimise your hardware and IT costs.
Availability: Get 24/7 access to the cloud from anywhere on any device.
Simplicity: Free IT services from server management to software updating.
Cloud computing is divided into three broad categories of services: software as a service (SaaS), platform as a service (PaaS), and infrastructure as a service (IaaS).
SaaS — software as a service — is a way of delivering applications over the Internet. Customers may access SaaS applications directly from a web browser, which means no need to buy, install, maintain, or upgrade any hardware or software. SaaS provider takes care of everything and a customer always has the latest version.
SaaS products offered by SAP:
- SAP SuccessFactors HR Solutions
- SAP S/4HANA Finance
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud
- SAP Hybris Cloud for Custom
- SAP Hybris Cloud for Sales
- SAP Hybris Cloud for Service
- SAP Hybris Marketing
- SAP Hybris Commerce
- SAP Business ByDesign (ERP for Midsize Business)
- SAP Business One Cloud (ERP for Small Business)
- SAP Analytics Cloud for Analytics
- SAP Jam Collaboration
- SAP Jam Communities
- Ariba Network: Sourcing, Procurement, & Finance
- Concur: Travel & Expense Management
- Fieldglass: Flexible Labor Management